7TH OF OCTOBER 2021
Estonian Entrepreneurship University of Applied Sciences in cooperation with Ülemiste City is proud to announce the 9th Annual Entrepreneurship and Innovation Conference (EIC)
BUILDING THE VIRUS-RESISTANT COMPANY
The conference will be held as a hybrid event which allows the participants to present online and in-person.
Moderator Johannes Tralla
|9.00–10.00||Registration, Covid-19 pass check, morning coffee|
|10.00–10.20||Conference welcome words|
|10.20–11.00||Emöke Sogenbits – President Light Mechanics Division, Site Manager HANZA|
|11.00–11.40||Tarmo Tael – logistics expert, Lumi Capital’s logistics real estate partner|
|11.40–12.20||Speaker will be announced soon|
|13.00–14.00||Presentations of scientific papers|
|14.00–14.40||Daisuke Matsushima – “Startup or Re-Startup?”|
|15.00–16.00||Linda L. Singh – USA (represents both Towson University and Industry)|
International panel of Elected Representatives from universities:
|17.00–17.15||Closing of the conference|
|17.30–18.30||Post-conference tour in Ülemiste City and EUAS Campus|
Call for Papers
You are cordially invited to submit your research papers for publication and presentation consideration at the 9th Annual Entrepreneurship and Innovation Conference.
The International Conference Aims and Objectives
EIC aims to bring together leading academic scientists, researchers and research scholars, PhD students, managers and practitioners to exchange and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of Business Transformation and Development during and after the crises. It also provides a premier interdisciplinary platform to present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends, and concerns as well as practical challenges encountered and solutions adopted in the fields of Social Science, Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Business and Management and Education.
We are looking forward to receiving your submissions.
Papers submitted to the conference can be short research papers that highlight the applicability of previous research findings to professionals, make available early research findings or survey results, or offer entrepreneurial insights. We also welcome submissions of detailed business case studies.
Areas of interest
The Scientific and Organising Committee welcomes theoretical and empirical papers. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Crisis as a possibility for fast-track business transformation
- Crisis and opportunity for data-driven organization
- Changes in business strategies driven by pandemic
- Social sustainability in changing working life
- Work, health and well-being in the entrepreneurial society – a better tomorrow?
- Managing health and behaviour
- Ethics and trust in healthy environment
- Challenges for product design, development and production
- Entrepreneurship and innovation in times of digital transformation
- The future of business cooperation with higher education
- Smart City as a supportive environment for the sustainable company
- Financial implications of the health crisis
- Innovations in monetary and fiscal policy in the post-pandemic period
- The role of organisation culture
- Business model innovation and digital transformation
- Gamification in the turbulent times
- Ways of managing business in 21st Century: societal, managerial, and legal perspectives
- Knowledge management in a time of crisis
- Impact of the pandemic on financial, labour, educational and commodity markets
- International tourism and leisure industry in the post-pandemic period
Sustainability, responsibility, innovation, leadership, working life, business development, management
Registration for the 9th EIC Conference – is now open and the deadline for the registration is 4 October 2021.
To register, you should complete the online registration form.
There is no fee for participants.
Abstracts Submission Deadline: 20 September 2021
Notification of Acceptance/Rejection: 27 September 2021
Registration Deadline: 4 October 2021
Final Paper Submission: 15 November 2021
Conference Date: 7 October 2021
All submissions (papers and abstracts) will be reviewed by the International Scientific Committee. The decision regarding the acceptance/rejection of each abstract/paper will be communicated with the corresponding author by 27 September 2021.
A 300-word abstract and 5 keywords should be in Microsoft Word format and submitted as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 September 2021.
All abstracts should be in English, including the title, authors’ names, affiliation, and contact information of the authors. Abstracts should include Objectives, Data and Methods, Results, and Conclusions. Previously published papers may not be submitted.
Selected papers will be published in peer-reviewed European scientific journals, including indexed by Scopus and the Web of Science. List of scientific journals and, if relevant, the publication fee will be announced later.
You can use the same email address to contact the Organising Committee.
All research papers for presentations will be reviewed by the International Scientific Committee and the authors will be notified of the acceptance decision by 27 September 2021.
The Conference will be held at Öpiku Conference Center (Valukoja 8), Ülemiste City, Tallinn, Estonia.
Ülemiste City is The Place where future happens. It’s the largest Smart City in the Baltics and the biggest privately-owned business campus in Northern Europe.
- Tallinn Airport – 3 min by tram or 10 min walk
- Tallinn Bus Station – 15 min to walk
- The nearest hotel – 4* Ülemiste Hotel is a 10 min walk
- Downtown and Medieval Tallinn Old Town – 15 min drive
- Ülemiste City is accessible by intercity tram no. 4 and bus lines no. 7, 15, 45, 49 and 65. There is also an Ülemiste City bus on the Ülemiste City – Downtown – Mustamäe route.
- You can find interactive public transportation possibilities and the car parks of Ülemiste City here.
- Places to see and visit in Tallinn and in Estonia